Whether you want to join, donate, volunteer, go hiking, renew your membership, or learn the latest on a particular forest issue…contact us today! We would love to hear from you.
Georgia ForestWatch offers a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- If you would like to learn more about the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest and help with forest monitoring activities, please contact our Forest Ecologist, Jess Riddle (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Do you enjoy hiking in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests? If so, sign up for some of our hikes and see if you might want to become a Forest
Watch hike leader.
- Do you enjoy writing and have some expertise to share with our members? Or are you just passionate about the environment? If so, we are always looking for guest writers for our quarterly newsletter, Forest News.
- If you would like to volunteer in the office or help out with events (our Fall Retreat and spring Wild & Woolly Forest Festival), please contact our office (706-867-0051 or email@example.com).
- If you have webpage or graphic design experience, we are always looking for help designing fliers and updating our webpage.
ForestWatch sometimes partners with the Forest Service for cleanup days and invasive pulls and will advertise these activities in alerts. But if you want other trail maintenance volunteer opportunities, the Benton MacKaye Trail Association and the Georgia Appalachian Trail Club offer monthly trail workdays.
Benton MacKaye Trail Association
2nd Saturday – Georgia Work Trips – coordinated by Barry Allen
4th Saturday – Tennessee/North Carolina Work Trips – coordinated by Ken Jones
Georgia Appalachian Trail Club
3rd Saturday Maintenance:
Members: Moved? New e-mail? New phone? Don’t miss out – let us know!
Mail or in person:
81 Crown Mountain Place
Building C, Suite 200
Dahlonega, GA 30533
To contact the ForestWatch District Leader of your area, click here.
Below is a map of our office location near downtown Dahlonega.