Our calendar is updated frequently, so check back often!
(To register for a hike, click on the “Learn More” link if one is provided)
- Saturday, August 18th: Stonewall Falls Trail (dog-friendly) Hike – with District Leader Marie Dunkle Learn More
- Saturday, September 8th: Nature Walk at Smithgall Woods – with Jess Riddle & Tom Hennigan
- Tuesday, September 18: Invasive Species Issue Hike in the Cohuttas – with Ruth Stokes, USFS Wildlife Biologist
- Saturday, September 22: Invasive Species Issue Hike in the Cohuttas – with Jess Riddle
- Saturday, October 6th: Annual Fall Retreat & Membership Meeting at Vogel State Park
- Wednesday, September 26th: Bartram Trail – Earl’s Ford to Dicks Creek Falls – with Board Member Melanie Vickers
- Saturday, October 20th: Rich Slopes near Monticello (dog-friendly hike) – with Dr. JP Schmidt
- Wednesday, November 7th: Appalachian Trail – Dicks Creek Gap to Powell Mountain (dog-friendly) Hike – with Board Member Melanie Vickers
- Saturday, December 1st: Dog-friendly Hike on the Appalachian Trail – with District Leader Tom Colkett
Please note: ForestWatch outings are very popular and fill up fast, often within 24 hours! Registration information is sent out through our “ForestWatch E-Alerts” system. Click here to register for our E-alerts system.
How to register for a ForestWatch hike: Once an outing alert has been sent, you can register for that hike by: 1) clicking on the registration link in the alert; 2) clicking on the “Learn More” link after the hike information above; or 3) contacting the office (PH: 706-867-0051, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Remember that Georgia ForestWatch members are given priority on our outings and will be sent hike alerts (with registration information) four days in advance of non-members. Please consider becoming a member!
We will see you on the trails!
- October 6th: Annual Fall Retreat & Membership Meeting at Vogel State Park
2018 Board Meetings:
- January 23rd
- May 1st
- July 24th
- October 23rd
(Please note these dates are subject to change. Please email us at email@example.com if you are a member and interested in attending.)