Our calendar is updated frequently, so check back often!
(To register for a hike, click on the “Learn More” link if one is provided)
- Wednesday, May 30th: A Naturalists’ Stroll at High Shoals Falls – with Anne Hughes & Sue Harmon – Learn More
- Sunday, June 3rd: Little Cedar Mountain Hike – with Sue Harmon and Jan Stansell – Learn More
- Tuesday, June 26: Summer Tree ID Hike at Lake Winfield Scott & Sosebee Cove – with Sue Harmon, Anne Hughes & Cliff Shaw
- Tuesday, July 3rd: Medicinal Hike – with Patricia Kyritsi Howell
- Saturday, July 14th: Cooper Creek Old Growth: Valley of the Giants – with Sue Harmon, Anne Hughes & Cliff Shaw
- Saturday, July 21st: Snorkeling on the Conasauga with the US Forest Service
- Saturday, August 4th: Sassafras Mountain Wildflowers – with Jess Riddle & Georgia Botanical Society
- Saturday, September 8th: Nature Walk at Smithgall Woods – with Jess Riddle & Tom Hennigan
- Saturday, October 20th – with Dr. JP Schmidt
Please note: ForestWatch outings are very popular and fill up fast, often within 24 hours! Registration information is sent out through our “ForestWatch E-Alerts” system. Click here to register for our E-alerts system.
How to register for a ForestWatch hike: Once an outing alert has been sent, you can register for that hike by: 1) clicking on the registration link in the alert; 2) clicking on the “Learn More” link after the hike information above; or 3) contacting the office (PH: 706-867-0051, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Remember that Georgia ForestWatch members are given priority on our outings and will be sent hike alerts (with registration information) four days in advance of non-members. Please consider becoming a member!
We will see you on the trails!
- October 6th: Annual Fall Retreat & Membership Meeting at Vogel State Park
2018 Board Meetings:
- January 23rd
- May 1st
- July 24th
- October 23rd
(Please note these dates are subject to change. Please email us at email@example.com if you are a member and interested in attending.)