Our calendar is updated frequently, so check back often!
- Sunday, November 19th: Burgess Mountain Hike – with Dr. JP Schmidt Learn More
- Saturday, December 9th: Smithgall Woods State Park – with Jess Riddle & Dr. Tom Hennigan
- Monday, January 1st: Rabun Bald Hike & Stekoa Creek Park Potluck – with Sue Harmon & Brenda Smith
- Wednesday & Thursday, February 7th & 8th: Evening presentation & old growth hike at the Len Foote Hike Inn – with Forest Ecologist Jess Riddle. Participants can receive up to 50% off their reservation at the Inn – just use promotional code GFW when making online reservations.
- Saturday, February 17th: Winter Hike – Wagon Trail & Brasstown Bald – with Sue Harmon & Ken Cissna
- Saturday, April 7th: Geology and Plant Hike at Davidson Creek – with Dr. Bill Witherspoon & Ben Cash
- Saturday, May 5th: Slow Hike – Wildflowers & Conasauga History – with John Moeller
Please note: ForestWatch outings are very popular and fill up fast, often within 24 hours! Registration information is sent out through our “ForestWatch E-Alerts” system. SIGN UP NOW so you can be among the first to register. But you can also register by clicking on the “Learn More” link after the hike information above. Remember that Georgia ForestWatch members are given priority when registering for our outings. We’ll see you on the trails!
- Thank you for making our 2017 Fall Retreat & Membership Meeting a success! See you next year at Vogel on October 6!
2017 Board Meetings:
- January 24th
- April 25th
- July 25th
- October 24th
(Please note these dates are subject to change. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a member and interested in attending.)