Our calendar is updated frequently, so check back often!
- Sunday, January 21st: Hemlock Falls Trail Hike at Moccasin Creek State Park – Sue Harmon & Becky McSwain Learn More
- Wednesday & Thursday, February 7th & 8th: Evening presentation & old-growth hike at the Len Foote Hike Inn – with Forest Ecologist Jess Riddle. Participants can receive up to 50% off their reservation at the Inn – just use promotional code GFW when making online reservations.
- Saturday, February 17th: Winter Hike – Wagon Trail & Brasstown Bald – with Sue Harmon & Ken Cissna (Benton MacKaye Trail Association)
- Saturday, April 7th: Geology, Ecology & History along NE Georgia’s Davidson Creek, Habersham County – with Dr. Bill Witherspoon & Ben Cash
- Saturday, April 28th: Ramp Cove Wildflowers & Big Trees – with Jess Riddle & Georgia Botanical Society
- Saturday, May 5th: Slow Hike – Wildflowers & Conasauga History – with John Moeller
- Saturday, August 4th: Sassafras Mountain Wildflowers – with Jess Riddle & Georgia Botanical Society
Please note: ForestWatch outings are very popular and fill up fast, often within 24 hours! Registration information is sent out through our “ForestWatch E-Alerts” system. SIGN UP NOW so you can be among the first to register. But you can also register by clicking on the “Learn More” link after the hike information above. Remember that Georgia ForestWatch members are given priority when registering for our outings. We’ll see you on the trails!
Thank you for making our 2017 Fall Retreat & Membership Meeting a success! See you next year at Vogel on October 6!
- March 3 through April 13th: Appalachian Mountain Treasures Photo Show at The Bowen Center for the Arts in Dawsonville, GA. Hosted by Georgia ForestWatch, the Georgia Chapter of the Sierra Club, and The Bowen Center for the Arts. See our Call to Photographers.
- October 6th: Annual Fall Retreat & Membership Meeting at Vogel State Park
2018 Board Meetings:
- January 23rd
- April 24th
- July 24th
- October 23rd
(Please note these dates are subject to change. Please email us at email@example.com if you are a member and interested in attending.)