Our calendar is updated frequently, so check back often!
(To register for a hike, click on the “Learn More” link if one is provided)
- Saturday, April 21st: Monticello Glades Hike – with Dr. JP Schmidt Learn More
- Saturday, April 28th: Ramp Cove Wildflowers & Big Trees Hike – with Jess Riddle & Georgia Botanical Society. This Hike is FULL. Please contact the ForestWatch Office if you would like to be put on a wait list (email@example.com OR 706-867-0051).
- Saturday, May 5th: Slow Hike – Wildflowers & Conasauga History – with John Moeller
- Wednesday, May 30th: High Shoals Hike – with Sue Harmon & Anne Hughes
- Sunday, June 3rd: Little Cedar Mountain – with Sue Harmon and Jan Stansell
- Tuesday, June 26: Summer Tree ID Hike – with Sue Harmon, Anne Hughes & Cliff Shaw
- Tuesday, July 3rd: Medicinal Hike – with Patricia Kyritsi Howell
- Saturday, July 14th: Cooper Creek Old Growth: Valley of the Giants – with Sue Harmon, Anne Hughes & Cliff Shaw
- Saturday, July 21st: Snorkeling on the Conasauga with the US Forest Service
- Saturday, August 4th: Sassafras Mountain Wildflowers – with Jess Riddle & Georgia Botanical Society
- Saturday, September 8th: Nature Walk at Smithgall Woods – with Jess Riddle & Tom Hennigan
- Saturday, October 20th – with Dr. JP Schmidt
Please note: ForestWatch outings are very popular and fill up fast, often within 24 hours! Registration information is sent out through our “ForestWatch E-Alerts” system. Click here to register for our E-alerts system.
How to register for a ForestWatch hike: Once an outing alert has been sent, you can register for that hike by: 1) clicking on the registration link in the alert; 2) clicking on the “Learn More” link after the hike information above; or 3) contacting the office (PH: 706-867-0051, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Remember that Georgia ForestWatch members are given priority on our outings and will be sent hike alerts (with registration information) four days in advance of non-members. Please consider becoming a member!
We will see you on the trails!
- March 3 through April 13th: Appalachian Mountain Treasures Photo Show at The Bowen Center for the Arts in Dawsonville, GA. Hosted by Georgia ForestWatch, the Georgia Chapter of the Sierra Club, and The Bowen Center for the Arts. To learn more about the show opening and awards ceremony, click here.
- October 6th: Annual Fall Retreat & Membership Meeting at Vogel State Park
2018 Board Meetings:
- January 23rd
- May 1st
- July 24th
- October 23rd
(Please note these dates are subject to change. Please email us at email@example.com if you are a member and interested in attending.)